Recovery....
Quite an awful thursday...
I was barely able to walk and was totally weak from low blood sugar and could not stop shivering from the cold, pain and hunger each time I tried getting off my bed.. Didn't exactly have a good night's rest due to the operation sore and the pain from IV catheter (which strangely, hurt more than my operation wound) and regular checks by the nurses (taking BP and temperature).. In addition, my 'neighbour' , an old lady suffering from bone fractures, starting crying in the middle of the night...
Had a tough attempt during physiotherapy in the morning... Several attempts to stand up was furtile due to dizziness and hunger... finally was able to struggle a couple of steps using crutches before giving way... Was discharged anyway (since my mom refuse to pay another additional day of ward stay) and was being wheeled around...Hee.. cool experience sitting in a wheelchair.. especially when everyone ard you start being ultra considerate and side-stepping to give way... wish I could be wheeled home, but oh well...
Nearly died climbing 3 storeys in crutches... Sigh, took the loooongest time ever juz to reach home... Refused to come downstairs for the rest of the way since the washroom was located on the 2nd floor... If I came down to the living room, the way to the washroom would be far and looooong...No way I'm going to pee in my pants! LOL... managed to get my baby to serve me for the rest of the night... though I felt bad ordering him around, but unfortunately, he was moving ten times as fast as I could... so, why not? LOL
Doing well progressively.. managed to move abt in one side of the crutches by the end of the day.. and by friday afternoon, I was crutches-free! Hooray.. Hee.. seems to be healing as expected... (blessing~) and I'm pain-killer-free too... (hee..not much pain to mention in fact..)
So, seems like all the pieces are falling in place and USA in back in the iternary! Hee... busy with exams for now.. and soon... I'll be flying to the other side of the world...
Excited....
Thank you god for my fast healing process! ^_^


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home