Hospital stay...
Finally went for the operation... kao, after starving for 10 straight hours (nearly died)... and being asked numerous times questions like: "Are you allergic to anything?", "Are you diabetic? Do you have high blood pressure?", " Are you wearing any jewelleries?"... and answered umpteen "NO"s...
Quite a weird feeling being pushed into the operating theatre in the bed... lying down and looking at the ceiling lights go by as I approached my destination..Maybe cos my operation is rather minor, hence nothing much went by my mind except that "I'm so damn hungry".. but can't help but wonder, for patients that are going for a crucial operation (life and death situation), maybe the journey to the OT from the ward would bring abt much flashbacks abt what they have done in their lives..( with ceiling lights as special effects...) Scary~
Turned out that Zim's sec sch classmate who is a orthopedic surgeon-in-training was one of the doctors for my operation. Kinda weird since I kinda know him personally.. but either way, it was good to see someone familiar before being wheeled into a totally uninviting and strange environment...
Interestingly, when we first told my mom about his fren being one of the doctors in my op, my mom totally freaked out saying "Huh, we pay some much and let a training doctor do operation??? How can?"... sigh... cute mother of mine... what more can i say...
The operating theatre is UGLY... pale green walls...(for whatever reason..)..and the operating table smacked in the middle... totally uninviting.. When I'm being 'placed' on the actual operating table, people ard me started rushing here and there to get things done, like a factory line. Anaesthetist busy inserting anaesthetic in my arm (weird, stingy feeling gushing down my blood) and explaining to me in ultra 'fast-forward' speed and nurses putting monitors on me, and gass-ing me.. (stinking gas.. yucks) and soon...I was Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Woke up in a cubicle alone, with the constant beeping of devices around me, completely disoriented..No idea what time, where the hack I was.. all i could think about was... FOOD and water...
A couple of doctors came by to check on me.. and asked how i felt..
short sweet answer from me.."hungry"...
Quite assuring to see Zim's fren around.. especially when I'm so disoriented and stuck in a weird looking cubicle and with someone diagonally behind me puking ultra loudly..(as though he vomited his organs out...)
Had a little Pizza party after the operation..Thanks Ray, Qiwei and Qian...Hee.. tho Qian u not there, but your presence is surely felt and hearing your voice and 'suaning' makes me awake and energetic.. (no, I'm not in love with you... )Thanks Ray + Qiwei for being sooooooo sweet to buy in pizzas... Hee.. you guys rock~ Really appreciate what you guys did.. waiting 8 hours for me and being there for me before and after my operation and treating me pizza.. As what I promised Qian, if any of you guys are in similiar situation in future, rest assured I'll definitely be there and buy you guys pizza! LOL, juz joking... and CHOY..(did i also mention that Qian 'slapped' me for saying that??) You guys really really rock.. I'll definitely remember what you guys did...
Also thanks to those who came by and visited me before I went in (with cute little balloons) as well as those who expressed their concerns thru sms-es... Hee.. doing fine.. will be around and kicking for an ultra looong time...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home