First day of school..
Monday blues... well, it's even worst when you have 1 pathetic class that starts at 4pm and ends at 6pm... But, it's okay.. I'll survive...
Started of on the wrong foot this year.
Quite irritated with myself now...Sigh, all thanks to NUS "brilliant" bidding system... Needed to get 4 of my major modules in order for me to graduate at the end of this semester... Unexpectedly, I was outbidded for 2 of my 4 modules. Guess it was mostly my own fault as I underestimated the charms of Social work. (How was I to know that social work modules would be so popular and tt there weren't be enough vacancies!!) So, in the end, I only received 2 of my 4 modules. Waited for the Round 1B to try bidding again. Down with luck as I always am, it turned out that round 1B (until the current Round 3A) did not have any vacancies opened for bidding. Panicking, I called the Dean's office and tried to explain my situation. (Not to mention that the receptionist was rather unfriendly) Turned out that there was nothing she could do except to tell me to wait for the remaining rounds to be over and to see if there would be vacancies by then...
fuck....
I'm really irritated now.. with myself as well as with NUS.. I know it's my own fault I am at such a situation, but I don't think that I deserve a punishment as harsh as not giving me my modules and hence, requiring me to do another semester in NUS juz to fufil my prequisites for graduation. (Can almost imagine my mom screaming her head off at me if that happens...) In addition, there are only 5 modules offered this semester that I am eligible to take.. and out of which, I need 4 of them for graduation.
This is ridiculous... besides, each sw class only have a class quota of 75 (or so...), I guess it doesn't kill for them to open up some more places to accommodate poor souls like me, who desperately need these modules for graduation... To make matters even more 'comforting', they conveniently rejected my appeal... DAMMIT...
for now, I'm picking up my guts and getting ready for confrontation with my lecturers... hopefully they would open up juz 1 more vacancy for me! If all things fail.... Sista reccomended a pen and letter to ... the power of media...
We shall see...
*Praying for things to work out...*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home