Tears in Heaven...
I fell in love with a song today...
This song reminds me of a friend I lost a couple of years ago. Although this friend isn't exactly a very close friend, he is someone I will always remember - My bio-lab partner, who had awful san-script kinda handwriting, who talks and talks and talks and talks and talks non-stop (sometimes irritating too, unfortunately!), thus always getting into trouble with the bio teacher (I can still vaguely remember the way she calls him), who we always joked about as being hairy and someone who always smiley and nice!
I still remember the day I received the news. I was queuing up for ATM to draw $$ to buy a TB when I read the sms (which I still keep in my phone till today~). I cried. Real badly. Alone, walking through the corridors of Arts, tears just flowing non-stop. Thank god when I finally met the rest of the gals. I guess initially, all of us are in a state of denial, we could still laugh and chat about old times, sat around as if we were having a class gathering and stuff... Until...
I saw him lying there so peacefully, like a sleeping child. Reality stuck. It is true. He left us. It was an awful feeling... I felt horrid, I felt guilty... Where was I during his last few days and more importantly, I haven't told him that I enjoyed his company, I haven't told him that he's a real nice guy and I haven't told him I'm sorry that I purposely caused him to get scolded by the bio teacher most of the time. (talked to him, but kept my eyes on the teacher, so tt I would shut-up on time and not be caught, while he would yak on and on...) And now it was too late. Way too late~
But one thing he left us with, was a much closer and stronger bond among the rest of the gang. (and I thank you for tt) For the rest of us now, although we may not always be together, but I know that they will always be there for me as we have been thru the worst and we survived. Most importantly, all of us have grown and matured... Yet, He'll forever be in our hearts and will always be alive in our conversation... Still, I do miss him...
Eric Clapton wrote this song after he lost his son...
Would you know my name,
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same,
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong,
And carry on,
' Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.
Would you hold my hand,
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand,
If I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way,
Through night and day,
'Cause I know I just can't stay,
Here in heaven.
Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.
Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.
Can't help but wonder, will you remember me when we meet in heaven?
I hope you do...
but one thing for sure,
I know I will...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home