2nd day at work...
Totally adore Joanne, she's humorous, easy-going and flexible! She has already won my respect, and I'm pretty confident it's gonna stay as such for a while! ^_^
Anyway, pretty routine and simple day at work today! Sat from 8.30am till 6pm reading P & Ps and surfing the net for extra information. However, I was rather insulted by a particular incident at work. It feels as if, the fact that I'm an 'intern' makes me someone unreliable, thus not deserving of any trust nor respect. I don't blame them for not trusting me, since I've barely started work and I'm not even a perm staff to begin with. But still, it really hurts. I'm totally helpless and dependent on others; e.g. I have to rely on my collegues to buy me lunch as they have staff discount cards that I don't, rely on Joanne to log on the computer for me, wait for someone to open the door for me as I do not have the security pass... I mean, afterall I am a uni student. I may not be extremely independent and stuff, but I do have power and say in things in my life, but now, I feel like an infant! Crap... really hurts my self-esteem... Hopefully it's juz a passing phase and things will get better eventually...
I feel rather sorry for Joanne. Somehow, I feel as if I'm imposing on her. She's really busy and kinda burnt-out, yet she still has to tackle my existence and to coach and guide me along. I really appreciate what she is doing for me...(but still I view myself as more of a hindrance than an 'intern', as if I'm here to add on to her overloading burden) Sorry, I promise to do my best and minimize any disturbances I may cause...
Drained, Dried and Dead...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home