Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year.

Actually, there’s nothing much to be happy about… Firstly, the tsunamis death toll seems to be increasing endlessly from a mere thousand to over a hundred thousand. It’s saddening to think how insignificant the loss of one life is as compared to the deaths of 150, 000 people. Although it is heart warming to know that people all around the world are stepping forward, contributing to the tsunamis funds and providing aid, I can’t help but wonder how much of those money will seriously reach those in needs. (Especially when the worst hit countries have always had a bad reputation for corruption…) Furthermore, the ugliest side of mankind always seem to surface in times of difficulties and crisis… People are actually robbing rations and hooting abandoned houses. It’s totally disgusting. Why can’t people unite for once and ‘let their powers combine’ in fixing a half-wrecked nation? Why do people always act so childishly during times as such… don’t they have brains?!~ crap!

Secondly… I’m 21 this year! Sigh.. last year, I hit big 2… this year, I hit BIG 2 + 1… At this rate, I’m gonna be 30 before I can even count to 3! This is bad… I’m already missing my teens days. All the school uniform.. the complaints about being unable to catch a RA film, unable to drive and stuff.. and now, I’m hating my age. Can’t believe I’m going to waste my prime years in school… trying to study and slog my way through. This is rubbish~ I want to do better things than this! I want to travel, have fun, be wild and fool around! Not stay in school, zapping notes, yawning at lectures or sleeping in library! But be realistic… I ain’t no rich kid, can’t afford to do all the dreams and stuff… so.. get real…

I’m 21 and I’m hating it….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home