Planes...
I’m starting to wonder if I’m developing a phobia for taking flights. Each time I take a flight, I’m convinced that it’s so gonna crash. Yes, as an Ex-psychology student, I should be aware of probability bias… that we tend to over-estimate the probability of rare events like plane crashes happening (as compared to car accidents which are much more likely to occur...). But, each time the plane trembles or shakes vigorously due to turbulence, wild thoughts flood my mind; is the engine breaking down? Is it gonna crash? Even with my babies around, I can’t help but freak out. It sucks. I mean, I’m after all a 20 year old person and I’m having such a crappy phobia. Sigh, so much for wanting to go around the world…
I need to get over it…. Help~
Hm, maybe fortune-telling did help me get through each flight. The person who told my fortune predicted that I’ll be well and alive till I’m 76… (Sadly, it’s kinda shorter than what I would wish to live until… but, I supposed it’s sufficient…) So, if she’s really accurate, I shouldn’t be dead in any plane crashes in the next 56 years. (That’s encouraging I must admit…) Well, sad to say, that thought does keep me calm and steady during each flight. Pathetic isn’t it… but since it works, who cares~


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home