Saturday, November 27, 2004

周杰伦演唱会...

Another 5 more hours to go… 5 more hours till the concert! Jay Chou concert.

Back~

No, it wasn’t a blast, nor was it FANTASTIC... in fact it was, a disappointment. (Well… at least it was, to me...) Admit it, I was practically yawning throughout the whole concert. I was so close to him, so so close, close enough to realize that he’s juz human, flesh and blood. Close enough to realize that he’s real, just like you and me…

I have a theory. Idols are untouchable. They are people for us to dream about, to wonder about and maybe fantasize about. Dreams are meant to be dreams, to be left unfulfilled forever, allowing you to chase after it. Once dreams come thru, passion dies and … Thus, idols are like dreams, the harder it is to reach them, the more I crave for them. Hence, each time I see my idol, reality strikes hard. I would realize that they are just normal human beings like you and me, nothing beyond that. Hence it doesn’t justify why I should be so crazy over them, why should I spent so much time and money on them, not like he’s god or what, and with that, my liking for them plunges drastically. Guess I’ve upgraded from ‘Nuts about him’ to ‘I admire him, ‘cos he’s talented…’. In other words, I am proud to say, I am now a mature fan. Goodbye to queuing up for hours to get a glimpse of him, to buying every magazine that features him, to wanting to get his autograph so badly and to dreaming about him. Good bye.

Those were the days~

Anyway, the factors that led to my disappointment are as followed;
it was a 4-sided stage, which also meant that each time he’s at the other 3 sides, I see shit. (and that’s about 75% of the time?)
Most songs were from his last 3 albums. For the record, I only liked his first 2 albums and not the rest. So, in other words, I didn’t like most of the songs that he sang.
I did not know most of the lyrics and I can barely figure out what he’s trying to sing.
The sound system is terrible. All I heard were echoes and blasting music. What at turn off.
For goodness’ sake, I paid $150 to enjoy myself, and this is what I got. What’s a WASTE of money.

Well, at least I got a good glimpse of him. That’s it.

I’m so over Jay. I know I am…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home